Davis Cabled VP2 Station 6152CUK & Datalogger Options
The Vantage Pro 2 offers the professional weather observer and the serious weather enthusiast reliable performance and a wide range of options and sensors. The cabled Vantage Pro2 weather station includes as standard:
- integrated sensor suite
- mounting hardware
- AC-power adapter
The Integrated sensor suite includes a rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, anemometer, and a 40' (12 m) anemometer cable. A 100' (30 m) cable connects the sensor suite to the console. Temperature and humidity sensors are enclosed in the standard radiation shield.
Among the parameters you can measure are wind speed & direction, air temperature & humidity, pressure, rainfall, and numerous derived readings such as wind chill, dew point etc. Full details of the parameter values and additional graphic and text elements that can be displayed on the The Vantage Pro 2 console are provided on the 'VP2 console display layout and functions' page at our Main Site.
1. CURRENT & HISTORICAL DATA View current data or highs and lows for up to 24 days, months, or years.
2. FORECAST Icons let you know what to expect: sun, partly cloudy, rain, or snow. 12- hour icon forecast plus 24–48 hour ticker-tape forecast at the bottom of the console screen.
3. MOON PHASE Track the eight phases of the moon.
4. TIME & DATE View the current time and date, time of sunrise/sunset, time and date of highs/lows, and time and date of a graphed data point.
5. WIRELESS Frequency-hopping, spread-spectrum radio provides three times the transmission distance of the competition, improved reception through multiple walls, and greater immunity from RF interference.
6. RETRANSMITS Main console can retransmit to additional consoles up to 1,000 ft. (300 m).
7. BAROMETER Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or steady.
8. FIXED DISPLAY Fixed display area shows the outside temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure at all times.
9. SOLAR RADIATION Included on Vantage Pro2 Plus. View solar radiation, highs for the day, month, and year, as well as evapotranspiration and Temp/Hum/Sun/Wind (THSW) index. Set alarms for high readings.
10. UV Included on Vantage Pro2 Plus. View current UV index, UV index for the day; the daily, monthly, and yearly highs; or change scale to see UV in current, hourly, and daily MEDs. Set alarm to warn of high UV dose/index.
11. VARIABLE DISPLAY OPTIONS View inside or additional temperatures, humidity, soil moisture, UV index, leaf wetness, wind chill, dew point, and two different heat indices. (Additional sensors or stations may be required.)
12. RAIN Umbrella icon appears when it is currently raining. View last 24 storm totals with start and end dates. View daily, monthly, or yearly rainfall and rain rate.
13. STATUS INDICATOR Blinks to let you know that data packets are being received.
14. CONTROL KEYS Use arrow keys to scroll through data on the graph or view highs and lows over time. "Plus" and "minus" keys simplify data toggling.
15. TICKERTAPE DISPLAY Provides expanded forecast details as well as additional information on current conditions. Displays more than 100 different messages.
16. GRAPHS Graphs the last 24 hours, days, or months of readings; or highs and lows. View over 80 graphs, including additional analyses of temperature, rain, rain rate, wind, and barometric pressure. Vertical scale changes depending on what you are graphing.
17. ALARMS Set more than 70 alarms for multiple functions simultaneously.
18. WIND Compass rose with 16 points shows current and dominant wind direction. Inside the compass rose, view wind direction to 1° resolution, or view wind speed.
Integrated Sensor Suite features
1. ANEMOMETER & WIND VANE Rugged components stand up to hurricaneforce winds, yet are sensitive to the lightest breeze. Wind tunneltested to 200 mph (320 km/h). Anemometer can be installed separately using 40 ft. (12 m) cable (included). Optional Sensor Transmitter allows you to mount the anemometer even farther from the rain collector and the rest of the sensor suite.
2. RAIN COLLECTOR The patented AeroCone Rain Collector meets the collection area guidelines of the World Meteorological Organization. Reads rainfall amounts in 0.01" increments. Metric versions measure in 0,2 mm increments. Includes debris screen and spikes to keep birds from landing. The NEW tipping spoon in our rain collector is self-emptying, corrosion-resistant, and precisely-calibrated for exceptional accuracy.
3. PASSIVE RADIATION SHIELD The most effective passive shelter available. Protects your temperature and humidity sensors from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat. Multiplate construction for maximum airflow.
4. 24-HOUR FAN-ASPIRATED RADIATION SHIELD Models with 24-Hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shields include additional radiation shield plates and a second solar panel to power the motor-driven fan.
5. TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY SENSORS Located inside the radiation shield, which protects the sensors from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
6. WEATHER-RESISTANT SHELTER Provides protection against the elements for the sensor suite’s electronic components.
7. SOLAR PANEL Powers the wireless station during the day and charges the supercapacitor for night operation. Lithium battery provides backup on cloudy days. (Solar panel is not included with cabled version.)
8. SOLAR RADIATION AND UV SENSORS (VANTAGE PRO2 PLUS) Includes sensors to track solar radiation, evapotranspiration and UV indices. Time settings are programmable to meet your specific needs. Sensors can be added separately to the Vantage Pro2.
9. OPTIONAL MOUNTING Several installation options icluding Mounting Pole Kit (7717) and Mounting Tripod (7716 & 7716A)