Davis Vantage Vue 6250UK
Now comes with a 3-year warranty, or upgrade to 5 years with our extended warranties by clicking here
The Vantage Vue is the most affordable Davis weather station, providing all the well-known Davis qualities of reliability and accuracy in a lower cost, compact and easy-to-use wireless-only package. Features include:
- indoor LCD console
- compact outdoor integrated sensor suite
- wireless transmission from sensor suite to console
The outside sensors in the Vantage Vue Integrated Sensor Suite (ie wind speed/direction, temperature/humidity and rainfall) are located together in a single, compact, non-separable assembly, specifically designed for ease and simplicity of mounting and for minimising visual impact. This sealed, integrated construction with no external connections also allows the Vue ISS to offer maximum weather-proofing and corrosion resistance thereby making the Vue stations especially suitable for use at highly exposed sites. Temperature and humidity sensors are enclosed in a passive radiation shield.
Among the parameters you can measure are wind speed & direction, air temperature & humidity, pressure, rainfall, and numerous derived readings such as wind chill, dew point etc.
Please remember that to connect the Vue console to a computer you must also possess a suitable data gateway/interface such as a post-2012 Weatherlink data logger (or similar third-party logger such as our WiFi Logger or a Meteobridge unit) or a Weatherlink Live unit. Contact us for further advice if required.
Weatherlink data logger and software can be purchased separately to let you link a Davis weather station to a computer (Windows PC or Mac) and to be able to store, view and analyse all your weather data and to upload your latest data automatically to a website.
The wireless technology used in the Vue is identical to that in the Vantage Pro 2 stations. Consequently, all of the wireless repeater options available for the VP2 to extend the range and penetration of the wireless signal are also fully compatible with the Vue.
Full details of the Vantage Vue weather stations, including a comparison of features between the Vue and and the Vantage Pro2 weather stations, are provided on the 'Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station' page at our Main Site.
Not sure what Data Logger is best for you? Have a look at our guide
1. TIME & DATE View the current time and date, or time of sunrise/sunset.
2. MOON PHASE Track the eight phases of the moon.
3. FORECAST Icons let you know to expect sun, partly cloudy, clouds, rain, or snow.
4. TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute.
5. RETRANSMITS Console can extend range to additional consoles up to 1,000 ft. (300 m).
6. BAROMETER Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
7. VARIABLE DISPLAY OPTIONS See updated values every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better “feel” for the outside environment.
8. RAIN Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, and months.
9. “CHANGE IN WEATHER SINCE YESTERDAY” FEATURE Allows comparisons of temperature and barometric pressure from day to day.
10. WEATHER CENTER Weather Center provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour, and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data.
11. USER-FRIENDLY KEYPAD Domed buttons are easy to feel and press. Glow-in-the-dark keypad buttons give you access to weather information at night. The “DONE” key returns you to the “current” screen.
12. GRAPHS Graphs the last 25 hours, days, or months. View up to 50 graphs for temperature, rain, rain rate, wind, and barometric pressure—all on the console.
13. “THIS TIME YESTERDAY” FEATURE A data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
14. ALARMS Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, heat index, flood warning, and more.
15. WIND SPEED See wind speed updates every 2.5 seconds. Displays wind speed in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour, or knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for 2-minute and 10-minute intervals.
Intergrated Sensor Suite Features
1. WIRELESS Frequency-hopping, spreadspectrum radio ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 ft. (300 m) lineof-sight from sensor suite to console.
2. RAIN COLLECTOR Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain in 0.01" increments. Metric version measures in 0,2 mm increments.
3. ANEMOMETER Wind tunnel-tested to 200 mph (320 km/h).
4. WEATHERPROOF HOUSING Corrosion-resistant cover provides durability in extreme conditions. Electronics are potted or overmolded for added moisture shielding.
5. RADIATION SHIELD Provides excellent protection from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat for accurate temperature and humidity readings.
6. TEMPERATURE & RELATIVE HUMIDITY Provides outside temperature readings from -40° F to 150° F (-40° C to 65° C) and measures relative humidity from 1 to 100%.
7. EASY INSTALLATION Installs easily and quickly with included mounting hardware kit.
8. WIND DIRECTION Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
9. SOLAR PANEL Energizes the station during the day. Onboard supercapacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
10. BUILT-IN BUBBLE LEVEL Allows for more accurate installation and better data collection.