Warranty, Terms and Conditions
All orders are accepted subject to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before placing an order.
All orders are subject to availability of the items requested.
Orders will not normally be despatched until payment has been successfully processed. Goods remain the sole property of Prodata Associates Ltd until paid for in full.
Orders for standard stock items will normally be despatched as soon as possible but in any event within a maximum of 3 working days. Very occasionally, delays can occur when new stock is in transit from the manufacturers and distributors, but we will strive to keep you informed in such cases.
Orders may be collected in person, but please phone in advance to ensure availability.
It is assumed that customers have checked that the specification of the system will meet their requirements prior to ordering. Prodata Weather Systems will be happy to advise further, and we strongly suggest you do this prior to placing an order. Except as specified below, we do not accept goods for return unless suspected to be faulty.
All goods are sold in compliance with the Distance Selling Regulations. This includes a 7 day 'cooling off' period, during which goods may be returned to us in pristine condition in original packaging for a full refund Refunds are only available on the Weatherlink datalogger and software if they are returned unopened with the original shrinkwrap undamaged. The customer will be responsible for the shipping costs associated with the return of goods. Should the goods be returned to us in a condition that makes them unsaleable as new, Prodata retain the right to levy a charge to cover any costs arising.
All products are covered by a 2-year return-to-base limited warranty. Davis UK products are covered by a warranty which is administered by McMurdo Ltd (located in Portsmouth UK) who run the Davis service centre in the UK. This Davis warranty is limited to repair or replacement (option at the sole discretion of McMurdo Ltd) of defective parts. Detailed warranty conditions for non-Davis products are available on request.
Warranties are all return-to-base in nature, i.e. customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping to Prodata Weather Systems or to the relevant manufacturer’s UK service centre to which we may refer you.
To record accurate weather readings it is essential that the individual sensors are located as per UK Met Office guidelines. An introduction to ideal sensor siting is provided on our main website – see www.weatherstations.co.uk/gooddata.htm. Prodata Weather Systems cannot be held responsible for readings that may fall outside the specified accuracy limits if these guidelines have not been followed.
- Installation and the cost of installation are the customer’s own responsibility;
- In locations which may be subject to a significant level of radio frequency radiation (eg nearby cell phone transmitters) additional anti-interference measures may be necessary including provision of an independent earth;
- Surges, spikes, brownouts and other voltage irregularities on the mains supply to the console may occasionally cause incorrect readings to be stored and in extreme cases may damage the weather station circuitry. We recommend that the mains supply to the station be fitted with an adapter able to suppress both voltage surges and radio-frequency interference (RFI);
- Some customers, especially those purchasing cabled weather stations, may wish to take additional precautions to protect against the effects of nearby lightning strikes. Damage attributable to mains surges and lightning would generally be covered by household or business insurance and are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty;
- Our weather station products are designed primarily for permanent static installation. Special care in packing and transportation is required if moving the equipment between sites;
- The range of reliable operation of wireless units is dependent on exact local circumstances and cannot be guaranteed. Wireless systems can also occasionally be subject to interference from other nearby transmitters.