WiFi Logger v2
We’re delighted to announce the launch of a data logger for all Davis Vue and VP2/Envoy consoles that interfaces to PCs & other computers via your WiFi network and also uploads directly to Internet weather networks.
We can easily ship to Europe and worldwide (except N America), but shipping costs will be slightly higher – please email us for a prompt Paypal quotation to include shipping. (VAT will be deducted where appropriate). Quantity discounts (min 10 units) are available for resellers – please enquire.
The WiFi logger (WFL) completely replaces the standard Davis logger and is compatible with all consoles running firmware v1.9 or later**. The WFL logger fits into the console socket in a similar way to the standard logger and occupies much the same space – ie it is fully contained within the standard console case. Please note that the WFL connects only via WiFi – there is no provision for a cabled data connection.
**If your console still has older firmware (from Nov 2005 on) then updates are downloadable from the support section of the Davis website.
A key benefit with the WFL is that the console no longer needs to be close to either computer or router – the only requirement is reasonable WiFi reception at the console location.
The WiFi Logger provides five main features:
- WiFi connection to a local computer running weather station software The WFL behaves essentially like a local WeatherlinkIP logger and offers exactly the same data formats as the standard Davis logger, including real-time (LOOP and LOOP2) and archive/summary data. As a result, it should interface to any software that can connect locally to a WeatherlinkIP logger via TCP/IP – this includes CumulusMX, Weather Display, Weatherlink, Weathercat (for Mac users) and several others;
- Uploads to Internet weather networks WFL has the capability built-in to upload directly to weather networks such as Weather Underground, the UK Met Office WOW platform and several other networks. No other computer is required to use this feature, simply registration and username/password etc for the target network(s).
- Local viewing of current weather data direct from the WFL Any phone or tablet (or indeed any other WiFi device such as a laptop) can view a real-time text report of current weather conditions – see screenshot right – direct from the logger simply by accessing the logger’s IP address in a standard web browser;
- Full management via a web interface Accessing the IP address of the WFL in a standard web browser displays a multi-page web interface through which all functions of the logger and console can be controlled. These pages are accessed via the Setup menu visible on this screenshot;
- Extra features Further options are also built-in such as automatic synchronisation of the date/time with Internet time via the NTP protocol. And the design of the WFL platform allows continuing expansion of WFL capabilities via firmware upgrades and several new features are currently being worked on – this web page will be updated as new features become available;
Not sure what Data Logger is best for you? Read our help guide: https://www.weatherstations.co.uk/data_handling.htm